Our Adelaide based agency is seeking an experienced ICT Systems Administrator with Client Support and Amazon Web Service (AWS) experience to join our team. We're here to make our clients successful by delivering digital projects and web service initiatives
that create positive business outcomes.
The person we are looking for will have a minimum of 3 years of industry experience and has a willingness to make their own contribution to our business as well as support our clients. They will need to demonstrate an exceptional level of competency in
both Linux and Window server administration, hosting services migration and management, customer web services support and the maintenance of existing internal infrastructure with our business.
The work will be challenging but also rewarding and constantly changing. The person will be working with our closely knit web services development team to implement and improve systems and processes throughout our business. As part of this they will play
a key role in migrating existing hosting clients to an AWS environment and managing this thereafter. Having previous website and web application development skills and knowledge will be looked upon favorability.p>
On the environment side, this role will best suit someone who is client centric, a problem solver and is able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. They will work closely with Web Developers, Project and Operation
Managers, Designers and Customers to scope, develop, deliver services which are complimentary to their existing skill set, while pushing them to adapt and embrace new skills.
- Designing and implementing; automated, scalable, HA, secure, end to end environments in AWS for a range of clients
- Providing outstanding client web services support and training
- Implement and manage Docker deployment and orchestration
- Designing and implementing monitoring tools
- Designing and implementing developer support tools and systems
- Administering Linux and Windows servers
- Maintaining existing internal infrastructure
- Automating of repetitive tasks
- Identifying ICT opportunities and risks
- Strengthening client relationships through web services support
- Championing best practice methodology, and ICT practices
- Recommending hardware and software solutions
- Linux server administration
- Windows server administration
- In-depth knowledge of Hyper-V
- Networking knowledge
- ITIL / ISO
- Apple OSX
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and be able to explain technical concepts in a laymen's manner
- Hardware Diagnostics, troubleshooting skills
- Strong time management (ability to multi-task effectively ) and be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously
- Basic scripting experience (Python / Bash / Powershell)
- Veeam and N2WS Backup Administration
Technologies we use
- Managed.com VPS hosting
- Prometheus and Grafana
- JIRA and Confluence
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- WordPress, Kentico and DNN CMS experience
- PHP / .NET experience
- AWS & Microsoft Certified
We want someone who can elevate, inspire and drive value for our clients.
The role includes a requirement for client support, education and training so having strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills will be essential.
It is crucial to the position that the person be an effective and conscientious team player that takes pride and ownership in their work, representing the agency at all times. They will need to work collaboratively with
their peers to deliver the best outcome possible for our business and clients. They can, and will also have the opportunity to perform other operational, research and development activities if and when required.
To competently fulfil this position the person will be required to take on the responsibility of being our business ICT and Systems Administration knowledge leader. During their employment they must continue to demonstrate
initiative, leadership and adhere to the company's policies and procedures.
We offer a lifestyle oriented, modern office on Leigh Street in the heart of Adelaide with:
- Regular hours i.e. 8:30 to 5:00
- High speed internet
- Coffee machines
- Team breakout area and kitchen
- Heritage industrial studio environment
- Lots of natural light
- Video games
- Spacious sitting/standing desks
- Multiple Monitors
- Powerful computers
- City views
- Great food, bars, and coffee downstairs
- Close to train and tram
Annual Salary package offered will be relative to experience.
If this description sounds like you, please upload your resume and cover letter to The Digital Embassy™'s Careers
About The Digital Embassy
The Digital Embassy™ is an Australian Google and Microsoft Certified Partner transforming digital business. Our team are ambassadors for best practice in digital business strategy, web design, behaviour-driven software development and evidence-based digital marketing. For
over 20 years our business has employed local industry certified personnel to help businesses meet the changing needs of digital users and consumers.
The Digital Embassy™ is a pre-qualified ICT service provider for Government in SA, VIC and NSW.