The Digital Embassy is seeking a self-motivating, results driven Solutions Architect to lead technological development activities for our SME agency. Our company offers a range of services to established local and national enterprises including custom web design and development solutions and digital marketing services. The role is open to applicants who seek either permanent full-time or part-time employment.
As a member of our team, you will be accountable for technical solutions and outcomes for our agency. This includes our company operations, technical sales, service and product initiatives, developer coaching and performance, support functions, technology research and strategy, process improvement and compliance.
The person we are looking for will have demonstrated success in a tech leadership role and poses sound web technology design and advisory skills. While not mandatory, previous local digital agency experience will be looked upon favourably.
As Solutions Architect you will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic & technical direction to solve the client’s business problems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, preparing sales documentation and working with business stakeholders to interpret, scope and define technical requirements for websites, web applications, hosting services and other web technology initiatives.
- Leading and coaching a small team of high achieving web developers to develop their skills and retaining talent, while improving development outcomes across the business.
- Lead our team to identify product and service development opportunities for new business, and successfully implement these through to high commercial standard.
- Develop strong relationships and strategic partners (Microsoft, Kentico, Google etc).
- Ensure that the technology platforms we use are delivered and maintained according to business and technical strategy.
- Set technical standards and methods, and build consensus for their adoption, implementation and enforcement.
- Evaluate and perform impact analysis on major design options and make recommendations to stakeholders ensuring that functional, service quality, security and systems management requirements are effectively met.
- Drive collaboration, knowledge sharing and best practice amongst the web development team (including frontend and backend web development).
- Work closely with our Solution Architect (Strategy), Developer, Project Managers sales, and project management teams.
- Experience in architecting solutions for customized Websites, Web Applications, Apps and Online Systems.
- Experience in website technology, application architecture, analysis and implementation
- Experience in writing sales documentation.
- Knowledge of web platform technologies such as WordPress and Kentico.
- Knowledge of code writing and management best practices.
- Knowledge of security best practice.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as Azure and AWS.
- Experience with integration technologies, on premises and in the cloud.
- Experience working within Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Attention to detail required ensuring effective planning, implementation and execution.
- Understanding of IT planning, architecting, engineering, and operations across multiple disciplines.
- Strong relationship skills to effectively work in all areas of the business and successfully perform the required duties.
- Strong business acumen and aptitude to understand the key business drivers, and financial knowledge to ensure business value is delivered from ICT projects.
- Ability to conceptualise and think on your feet with senior business stakeholders to resolve issues and identify opportunities.
- Experience creating high-level designs and writing technical strategy and specification documents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Linux application development technologies.
We use the following techniques:
- WordPress, Kentico and DNN
- com VPS hosting
- Prometheus and Grafana
- JIRA and Confluence
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- WordPress, Kentico CMS development experience
- PHP / .NET coding experience
- AWS & Microsoft Certified
If this sounds like a good fit we’d love to hear from you!
We offer a fun, modern office on Leigh Street in the heart of Adelaide with:
- High speed internet
- Coffee machines
- Open space heritage studio environment
- Lots of natural light
- Spacious sitting/standing desks
- Multiple screens
- Powerful computers, with fast SSD drives
- City views
- Great food, bars, and coffee downstairs
- Close to train, bus and tram
Annual Salary package offered will be relative to experience.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, please Apply Here.